Monday, April 4, 2016

Indie Inlinkz Blog Swap feat Polished Pathology!

Hello Dahlings!

When it was time for the Indie Inlinkz FB group
 to post their March manis,
only Jenne from Polished Pathology (our intrepid admin)
& I showed up for the party.
So we decided to swap blogs for a day!

Here's what Jenne did for our prompt of Layered Shots...

  You might be asking what exactly is a layered shot. Well, it's an alcoholic shot made up of different colored liquors of different densities, so that they 'lay' on top of each other for a unique and fun look. The shot I chose to model my nails after is from a blog that created a shot to commemorate Quantum Leap, a really great (and cheesy) show from the late 80's, early 90's. It's called the Starbright: Photo from Knuckle Salad blog by Kristina Ackerman (http://knucklesalad.com/oh-boy-a-quantum-leap-inspired-shot-and-the-thinkgeek-winners/)
Photo from Knuckle Salad Blog by Kristina Ackerman. Isn't it fun? I searched a TON of my indies and I couldn't find any that I liked that were thin enough to give me the look I wanted...so I went off the 'indie' part and used my trusty China Glaze polishes, cause I know those are thin--and cuticle flooders. BUT! I still used my favorite indie topcoat AND a shot glass for nail art from an indie...so it sort of counts! :) group-full Polishes Used: China Glaze High Hopes, Glistening Snow, Sun Worshiper, License and Registration Pls, and New Birth Shot glass from Different Dimensions Top Coat: Darling Diva Pryzmatic PETC To get my look, I used two coats of New Birth, then let dry. I decided I didn't want to use striping tape, because the lines aren't entirely straight, they're a bit blurred. I chose not to use a sponge gradient either, because I knew I would mess it up and get mad and frustrated. I decided just to use the brush and cross my fingers (mentally) to get them straight enough. And it worked! shots-full Not too shabby, eh? I know the nail world darling is CG Fairy Dust, but I prefer Glistening Snow. I like that it's more dense. shots-match-full shots-glass-fulljpg
Shots for everyone! What do you guys think? Think they turned out ok?
A HUGE thank you to Jenna for letting me blog hop to you today!

~~~
I think they turned out just dandy fine, Jenne!
See what a lil teamwork can accomplish?
Especially, when Jenne comes up with a great idea
& I get Mr Inky to help with the tech stuff.
Thank you Jenne for letting me play on your blog today!

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Jenna aka Inky



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.