Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Weird Wednesday Comparison ~ Brown Holos

Hello Dahlings!

This week I'm comparing brown holos!
Somehow I have a lot of them,
but in the interest of showing you polishes
where at least the brand still exists,
even if the particular polishes don't,
I have these 5 on my nails today.

 The line up ~ Jade Irresistivel
(I got mine from the now defunct Llarowe stockist site),
I Love Nail Polish Iconic, LynB Designs I'm Not Myself, You See,

All nails have 2 coats of color over my franken base
& a coat of Orly Sec N' Dry fast dry top coat.

Thumb ~ Jade Irresistivel
A pale golden brown with a gold chrome effect packed with rainbows.
Jades are a lil pricey at an average of 8ml @ $8US.
They're a quality brand & worth the moola
for their smooth formula & strong linear holo effect.

Index ~ I Love Nail Polish Iconic
While a smidge darker than Irresistivel,
Iconic's linear gold chrome in a golden brown base 
is close enuf to a dupe that having both isn't really necessary
unless you really like this color.
I Love Nail Polish has a well earned reputation for quality polish
that goes on smooth & wears well.

Middle ~ LynB Designs I'm Not Myself You See
This one looks more brown in the bottle,
but is more of a burnt orange leaning tan on the nail.
It's also the most sheer of the bunch with VNL at 2 coats.
I recommend a 3rd coat or undies when wearing this lovely,
butter smooth linear jelly.

Ring ~ I Love Nail Polish Nostalgia (H)
Between it's warm dark brown linear base
& it's shifting thru chrome brown, gold & green,
Nostalgia (H) is my fav of this comparison.
It also has ILNP's quality formula.

Pinky ~ Literary Lacquers Laters, Baby
Dark almost to the point of being a blackened brown,
this linear holo has added scatter holo bits for extra bling
along with a smooth formula.

So no losers in this bunch & only 2 are near dupes!

 I got a indirect light pic so you can see
the color shifting depth of Nostalgia (H)

>^. .^<

I figure as long as I'm showing y'all brown polishes,
I might as well show you the only brown cat here.
My mom brings her cat, Missy, with her when she visits.
I also get to cat sit if mom needs to go away
for more than a quick trip.

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.