Friday, December 19, 2014

Mani for a Cuban Style Pig Roast!

Hello Dahlings!
 
Today I have the mani I wore to a Cubanesque Pig Roast
da weekend after Turkey Day.
 
Mr Inky & a friend came up with da idea
& then da boys & da wives got busy.
 
I wanted fun nails, so I did this...

 Holographic, gitd & thermal nails!

I used Jaded Nail Co. A Little Spark of Madness on my ring & index
& Doctor Lacquer Royal Luxury on my pinky & middle.
 Most thermals will sit in either their warm or cold state in da bottle.
We keep our house on da cool side,
so I thought da colors showing in da bottles were da cold state
& I would get an interesting alternating color, reverse gradient effect.
Nope.
 
RL was a wee bit on da thick side,
but both polishes worked just fine...

 ...except for da part where
they were both purple when cold & blue when warm.
I couldn't get a good warm color pic
cuz even after putting my paws under hot water
my cold fingers started shifting da colors back.
RL is a holo thermal that shifts from light blue when warm to lavender.
LSofM is a thermal gitd jelly with fine pink, purple & turquoise glitters.
It goes from a rich purple when cold to a vivid turquoise when warm.

I slapped on a coat of SH Dries Quickly then applied these
vinyl bits to make my alternating stripes.
This variety pack has 3 widths of stripes for you to play with
& I used da skinny ones on my pinkies,
da middle ones on my ring/middle/index
& da wide ones on my thumbs.
I find da vinyl so much easier than striping tape to use!

 I sealed da goodness in with a coat of Seche Vite
then went to play in da water.
These are my nail when mostly warm...
See? My cold hands would not warm up!

 ...and when cold.
 
Tho' my idea didn't work out quite how I had envisioned it,
I really liked these nails & was rather gratified
when a lady at da party grabbed my hand exclaiming
"Let me look at those nails!"
 
^.      .^
(..)
 
Da pics below are from da party.
If you tend to be a wee bit squeamish,
now would be da time to go do something else!

This is Mr Castro. He's hosting da festivities.
Da fire in front of him is da roasting box.
Kinda like a fire pit on wheels.

 This is da 60lb pig before it got itself roasted.
I got to see a new side of Mr Inky that night.
Imagine Santa massaging spice rub into those piggy butt cheeks...
got that image firmly entrenched into your brain?
Welcome to my world.
He did say it felt weird to be wearing gloves & massaging cold skin.
Uh huh. It took me 24 years to find out I had married a pork pervert.

TADA!
Dinner is served.
My Inky brought home da head
& tried to make head cheese last Sunday.
You can thank me now for not taking pics of that process!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

2 comments:

  1. Um, thank you for that image of the pork massaging. But if it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure all men (and some women!) are pork perverts--I've seen far too many men lovingly dry-rubbing their slabs or ribs...Oh, and, love the mani. Great idea for thermal polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! <3 We do love our pig nibbles! I would think that dry rubbing their slabs would be rather painful. Most peeps use lube. #8P

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.