Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Simples Week 11 ~ Gradient

Hello Dahlings!
 
Yes, I'm a bit behind this week.
Between procrastinating over stamp camp prep
& my teeth giving me a hard time,
I just haven't felt like doing much at all.
I've even felt too guilty & in pain to paint my nails!
(oh da horrors!)
 
But I did get this week's Simples assignment done
& I have started on my prep.
(after getting this posted I'll be sitting down
to a 6+ hour Netflix marathon of movies
while I cut cardstock until either my hands fall off
or I get all 4 cards done. It could happen!)
 
On to da nails!
 
For week 11, Debbie has us doing Gradients.
I LOVE GRADIENTS!!!
 
She made this awesome TUTORIAL VIDEO
where she shows us how to do gradients 5 different ways!
Yet, with all this new technique info available
I did mine da same way I always do
cuz I just wasn't up thinking all that much.
 
 I did okay, all things considered.
I went with da basic rainbow thing using red, yellow & blue
in the hope that they'd blend enuf to make all da colors.
I needed to bounce more but my bouncer was too tired.
 
& Cranberry Crush along with da bit of cosmetic sponge I used
held in reverse grip tweezers.
(all 3 are from da Fall Preview Collection)
 
I trim my sponges down to pieces that are about 1/4" wide
by a little less than da length of my ring finger nail.
This gives me room to bounce up & down da nail as well as side to side
without making a big ole mess on da skin around da nail.

 This is 2 easy peasy nice & easy coats of Cornucopia
It has these itty bitty flecks of pinkish purple
that my camera refused to see
but it gives this lovely warm gold a bit of flash
along with da subtle rainbow.

 Sun pic!
Tho' getting sun pics when wearing holos is a good thing,
I've never liked my pics with my palm showing,
but I don't always have something suitable on hand to hold.
So I took a piece of self-adhesive black felt
& wrapped it around an empty TP tube
that I flattened into a long oval shape
that fits under my fingers nicely
& gives me a backdrop for sun pic manis.
 
Not my best gradient ever, but it does da job.
 
>^. .^<

 Hi Meowmy!

I'se gonna nap now.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky
 

4 comments:

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.