Monday, September 29, 2014

Crumpet's Nail Tarts Pick N Mix 52 Week Challenge!!!

 
 Hello Dahlings!
 
Today is the 1st day of Crumpet's Nail Tarts
52 Week Pink N Mix Challenge!
What does this mean?
Every week the group has 2 prompts to play with,
one is a technique or theme
da other is a color or several colors
that are untried or haven't been worn in ages.
We can do them as 2 separate posts
or combine them into one mani.
My hope is to combine each week's prompts
into one mani & post.
We'll see what happens!
 
 
Da prompts for week 1 are a two color gradient & teal.
 
 I started with 2 thin, cuticle flooding coats of Orly Pretty Ugly.
It looks pretty enuf, but the application is fugly for sure.
 
 I sponged on Orly Teal Unreal.
It took several sponged coats to get it to mostly opaque.
It wasn't as bad as PU, but if I ever do a purge...
both of these can go.
 
 I decided to try a new for me method of DIY decals.
I stamped this image from Cheeky Jumbo Plate 4
using Mentality Black stamping polish
onto my rectangular squishie stamper & let it dry there.
I then dabbed Cutting Edge Nails Ocean Pearl into da image.
Once that dried, I added a coat of clear polish & let that dry.
I then painted a coat of clear polish on my finger,
applied my decal & trimmed da edges.
Acetone & my clean up brush took care of da stray bits of decal.
I sealed this meh mess in with a coat of Seche Vite.
 
Da line up ~ Orly Pretty Ugly & Teal Unreal,
Mentality Black Opaque, & Cutting Edge Ocean Pearl.
 
Next week ~ 3 color gradient & pink!
 
>^. .^<
 
I'se going to help, Meowmy!
 
Thanks for stopping by
& please visit the other Tarts!
~ Inky

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.