Monday, July 21, 2014

More Simples Catch up ~ Ombre

Hello Dahlings!
 
1st ~ Sorry about not posting yesterday!
I've been traveling da last 2 weeks & got home yesterday
from Salt Lake City & da Stampin' Up! annual convention. 
I was too pooped to even contemplate doing my nails.
I will have this week's Freaking Color Combo up for you on Wednesday. 
(I've worn da SAME mani for da last 2 WEEKS!
Fatigue is da only thing that can squash my craving
for something else on mah nails!!!)
 
2nd ~ Here I was thinking I was pretty much on top of scheduling manis...
then I realized that I hadn't done today's post ahead of time
so I wouldn't have to think today.
Oh well, at least I had all da prep work done for today's post. LOL
 
 
 Week 3 ~ Ombre
There was some debate as to what an ombre is:
a light to dark of da same color over 5 nails
OR
light to dark of da same color on one nail
 
Da consensus was that it's a light to dark of 1 color over 5 nails.
To do it on 1 nail is a gradient.
 
 Da final line up ~ Orly Harmonious Mess (pinky),
L'Oreal Royalty Reinvented (ring),
Wet N' Wild On A Trip (middle),
Sation Super Nail-tural Powers (index),
China Glaze Queen B (thumb)
plus L.A. Colors Blue Paradise as a topper.
All of this was finished with a coat of Seche Vite.
 
Originally I used L.A. Colors Illusion on my ring finger,
but it was a dup for On A Trip.
They didn't look all that close in da bottle!
 
>^. .^<
 
You left me home? Really?

Egad! I forgot to add da link to da
Nail Polish Bloggers Connection GIVEAWAY!
Where was my brain?
Oh yeah, still sleeping off all da traveling.
My Bad!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

2 comments:

  1. ooo I love ombres, but never seem to have the right colours. I really need to go to the la color store in town

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The easiest way to ombre is to pick a color & then on plastic add white & black to create the 5 tints/shades needed. I did it the hard way, as usual. LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.