Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nail Art A Go Go Challenge! ~ Day 23 Oils

Hello Dahlings!
 
Sorry this post is wee bit late.
Between work & mine & Mr Inky's tummies,
I've been either too tired or we've been hungry & gone out to eat...
then I'm too tired when we get home to paint my nails. Blerg.
I did manage to get my challenge nails for today done this afternoon.
 
Today's prompt is Oils.
I decided to attempt an oil on canvas painting by Georges Malkine
& specifically one of his last paintings: La Mer 1970
(you will have to scroll down a bit
as the piece I'm badly copying is da 6th one down)
For what it's worth...
 
 Georges Malkine's La Mer 1970
I think if da black pen hadn't spit when it tripped
over da uneven layers of polish on my nails,
it might have ended better. Maybe.
 
 Da line up ~ Sally Hansen Polished Pearl, Orly Buried Alive,
OPI The World Is Not Enough, China Glaze Unpredictable,
BB Couture Grasshopper, L.A. Colors Green Satin,
Sally Hansen Black & White Nail Art Pens
 
 Lobster Hand Alert!
I picked this polish up on sale cuz it's such an odd color
& I thought it might come in useful for nail art. It has.
This putty colored crème has a subtle gold sparkle
you can just see in this pic.
It also gives me a hideous case of lobster hands.
Mr Inky & I were in a candle lit Italian restaurant last night.
It was so dim I almost couldn't read da menu,
but Mr Inky asked why my fingers looked so red. Blerg.
 
 
Tomorrow ~ Abstract
 
>^. .^<
 
Eeeek!
Must hide from da lobster paws before dey eats my cuteness.
 
Sorry you had to see this, but I thank you for stopping by!
Please rescue your poor eyes by going to visit da other,
much more talented ladies, please?
~ Inky

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the painting even tho it's way more Missy colors than Inky colors. But that's the point of a challenge, isn't it? To do things outside one's comfort zone or at least things one wouldn't think of to do normally? You've certainly challenged me this month, Mistress Missy! <3

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.