Friday, October 4, 2013

First Friday Frankens

Hello Dahlings!
 
Just cuz I'm doing all Halloween manis this month
doesn't mean I forgot about First Friday Frankens!
 
Da line up: Green As Grass, Chunky Pumpkin & Born Pretty Store asst French Tip Guides
 
This is 2 coats of Green As Grass & I could have gotten away with just one coat of this uber pigmented done-did-it-myself polish. It started out a cheap, rather dull, neon green. I added blue & green craft pigments until I liked da color.
 
 I used 2 ft guides on each finger to mask off areas where I dabbed on Chunky Pumpkin. I had to add a 2nd layer on some nails & as da polish slowly dried, it formed a plasticy top layer & stuck to da tip guides. Blerg. So I had to go back in & carefully touch it up after removing da guides. I sat there for nigh on an hour waiting for CP to dry enuf for a coat of Seche Vite.
 
See da lil gold hex 'seeds' peeking out of da pumpkin guts?
Chunky Pumpkin started out as a Kleancolor Gold Caviar mini that I poured into a 1/2 bottle of clear polish (not top coat) then I added lots of pumpkin orange glitter. In spite of it's slo-o-ow drying time & having to shake da beejeebers out of it, I like it.
 
 
Ciri really really likes milk!
 
Have you entered Miss K's Let's Celebrate Multi Blogger Give-a-way?
Why not!?! Don't you like free polish & other nail related goodies?
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky

10 comments:

  1. Very cute! And I want to cuddle da kitteh....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He is an endless source of entertainment & lovies. <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Adding craft pigment powders to polish is an easy & fairly inexpensive way to alter the color to something you like better.

      Delete
  3. We need a franken friday song. At the moment all I got is fr fr fr fr franken fridays!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing going thru my inky lil head is David Bowie's 'Changes'. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need something more original no one else owns aha

      Delete
    2. Writing new lyrics to existing tunes is the limit of my musical ability. lol

      Delete
  5. Holy crap those are both gorgeous frankens!! You got skills girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Art school edumacation can be useful. LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.