Thursday, June 13, 2013

Weird Wednesday ~ Shimmer Paint!

Hello Dahlings!
 
I'm sorry this is a day late, but my interweb took a vaca & didn't even send me a post card! A whole day with no puter or phone is TORTURE! I got lots of house work done, but was bored out a my inky lil skull.
 
This week's adventure into da weird is about Tsukineko All-Purpose Ink It comes in a bazillion colors (ok...46, but that's still a lot!) & can be used for all kinds of crafting. Da lil jars say 'Suitable for all porous surfaces such as paper, fabric, wood, leather and many others...' Stampin' Up! carried it under da name 'Shimmer Paint' until da end of May, when it was retired from da catty. I wanted to see if I could use it for nail art since I wouldn't be using it for work anymore.
 
 
Da line up: Sally Hansen Black & Blue plus Tsukineko All-Purpose Ink in Bright Copper,
plus my skinny striper & very tiny detail brushes.
 
This is 2 coats of Black & Blue. It looks like a blackened blue in da bottle, but it shifted between blue teal & green teal depending on da light. If I looked at my nails from an acute angle, da black base color showed.
 
TA DA! My 1st tribal mani & da ink works very well, thank you very much. It has a paint like consistency & is water soluble, like acrylic paint. I made a few booboos while painting & I just cleaned da brush off in water, dabbed off da excess water on a paper towel & wiped da ink off from where I didn't want it to be on my nail. I also cleaned it off my skin this way & found that it's much easier to clean up before it dries. This ink isn't polish soluble, so it handled having a top coat of Seche Vite no prob. However, not only isn't it polish soluble, it isn't acetone soluble either. I use a small soak jar with a sponge to get my polish off. Taking this off that way was leaving shiny lil chunks of copper paint floating in da acetone & sticking to da sponge. I found soaking my nails until da top coat was off, wiping my nails with a paper towel to get da ink off then soaking off da rest of da polish worked well. Cotton balls with polish remover or acetone should also work well. Acrylic paints are much cheaper than these inks, but if you have them already or find them on sale in a craft store, they work very well for nail art.
 
One more pic of da yummy duo-ness of Black & Blue.
 
Thanks for stopping by & don't forget to enter my 1 Year Blog-o-versary Give-a-way!
~ Inky
 
 

5 comments:

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.