Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Weird Wednesday ~ Gunmetal Gray Holo Comparison

Hello Dahlings!
 
As I pondered my Polish Days idea, I knew I wanted my dice pips to be dark & sparkly, but not necessarily black. So I pulled out 4 gunmetal gray polishes that I thought had holo glitter in them...
 
Da line up: ELF Metal Madness, Sephora by OPI If You've Got It Haunt It, Wet N' Wild Diamond In The Rough & China Glaze Some Like It Haute.
 
Thumb & Pinky ~ 2 coats of Metal Madness, Index ~ 2 coats of Some Like It Haute, Middle ~ 3 coats of Diamonds In The Rough, Ring ~ 3 coats of If You've Got It Haunt It.
 
Metal Madness was rather gloopy & while good for stamping, not fun to use for a base color. It's less of a glitter polish & more like a metallic polish with fine holo glitter added.
 
SLIH went on easily & was totally opaque in 2 coats. I know it looks bumpy enuf to be one of da new texture polishes, but it was surprisingly smooth to da touch before tc.
 
Even with 3 coats, DITR & IYGIHI still weren't totally opaque, tho they did dry smooth. If I held my hand in front of a lamp, light showed thru da free edge of both of those nails, but not da others. Black undies for those puppies next time! IYGIHI is not a holo polish! Turns out it's a rainbow mix that just pretends to be a holo. LOL
 
I added a coat of Seche Vite to see how well da glitters behaved. While there was still a wee bit of unevenness in SLIH & DITR, it wasn't enuf to make me want to add a 2nd coat. The others were perfectly smooth.
 
Mattefied! I was slow to embrace matting my manis,
but have come to appreciate matted glitter.
 
If you missed out on getting Some Like It Haute in da stores, Diamond In The Rough is a do-able substitute. SLIH is more blingy with lots more chunky holo glitter in it as well as opaque in 2 coats, but DITR is easier to get hold of (I found it at Walgreens)
& with undies will do just fine.
 
I picked China Glaze Some Like It Haute to use for da dice pips & it didn't disappoint!
Thanks for Stopping by!
~ Inky
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.