Sunday, May 19, 2013

Does It Stamp? ~ More Specialty Polishes!

Hello Dahlings!
 
Today's Does It Stamp? is about Glow-in-the-dark polishes
metallic known as chromes & foils.
 
G-I-T-D ~ Born Pretty Store Hello Kitty #27, Claire's & Blue Cross pumpkin.
Alas, while my testing showed that some glow-in-the-dark polishes can be used for stamping, they don't glow in the dark if you use them this way. I think da polish layer that gets transferred to da nail is too thin for da magic to work. I choose to test da HK #27 over the other HK g-i-t-d polishes I have cuz it was almost a one coater when I used it in da past. The others I have, while they glow just fine, needed 3 coats just to even out da streakiness & had more of a jelly quality to them.
 
Chromes & Foils ~ NYC Foil'er Up, Sally Hansen Fuchsia Sapphire,
Sally Hansen Quick Color Fuchsia Chrome (polish pen) & Wet N' Wild Precious Petals.
I think pretty much any of da polishes in these lines will work for stamping.
(I chose these to test so da samples would coordinate.)
 
While these drug store brands are well known, these particular lines are no longer in stores. You can find da NYC & Sally Hansen polishes at Cassie Cosmetics on eBay The Wet N' Wild Chromes were out last summer & you still may be able to find them at some retailers or on eBay.
 
Have you been testing your polishes to find new stamping gems?
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.