Sunday, December 23, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge ~ Elves

Hello Dahlings!
 
Egad! We're on day 10 already? What? Christmas Eve is TOMORROW! Where has December gone? I can't even blame the holiday cuz we aren't doing much this year. LOL
 
The line up: Wet N' Wild Red Red; Santee Gold Bright; Ruby Kisses Neon Green, She a Goldigger (that's what the label says!) and Hot & Sexy.
 
This is 3 coats of Neon Green. It's almost a jelly the way the color is a bit translucent around the edges. It went on no prob, but I've come to expect that from Ruby Kisses polish.
 
Ta Da! This is my version of Kayla Shevonne's Elf Outfit nails that you can see HERE. I opted for doing one accent nail & coordinating the rest to match. The red stripes were done in 2 layers (Hot & Sexy over Red Red) & the gold in one layer using Gold Bright. I used my short striper to paint them. I used my detail brush to make the collar & the large ball on my dotting tool to make the jingles using She a Goldigger over Gold Bright. I used Seche Vite to TC & called it done. Alas, my SV is getting low & slow...by morning I had some tip shrinkage & a lot of cuticle shrinkage. Argh! I've noticed that as SV gets thicker, it's also more likely to shrink. Even so, the fast dry time is worth the risk. I ordered the Pro refill & thinner last week, but 'tis the Season of Chaos & my order hasn't arrived yet.
 
Thanks for stopping by & please visit the other 12 Days challengers!
Thanks Kristine & Lorene!
~ Inky
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You did great! I've ducked out of elf nails as i had absolutely zero inspiration for it and didnt want to put out a half hearted post, that green is awesome! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...they are so pretty. Love the color combos and the design. Perfect for the elves theme. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.