Thursday, November 1, 2012

NOTW #3 November Rainbow Challenge

Hello Dahlings!

I know I said I'd be wearing the Halloween-esque nail design for a few days, but I couldn't do it. The more I looked at it, the more I wanted it off my nails. So onward to my self imposed November Rainbow Challenge. 1st up: Dark Reds.

I started this mani on Tuesday night & finished up tonight. The line up: Orly Crawfords Wine, Sally Hansen Quick Brick & Glossy. All 3 are shimmers. The hex shaped sponge is from the Essence Nail Art Kit that also had the really thin striper brush I used to make mummy bandages. The 3/4" x 1/4" size is perfect for doing gradients on long nails. This is the 5th time I've used it & I plan on trimming off the painted edges for another go around or two.

Two coats of Crawfords Wine. A great color to wear with a lil black dress! It was a lil persnickety to get off my skin, but some hot water, soap & a nail brush after I did the gradient & let it all cure did the trick.

I really like how this turned out!!! Nice blending, deep rich colors...YUM! As it was getting rather late, I added a coat of Seche Vite, waited for it to fully cure then scrubbed my cuticles. Add apricot cuticle oil & I was off to bed. Looking at this eye candy all day was distracting! LOL

I was going to use China Glaze Stone Cold to stamp with, but it was drying too fast. So I grabbed Orly Steel Your Heart. It worked better than the CG but I had to do some touch ups with a short striper where some of the lines didn't transfer. I used Cheeky XL plate B.

As I was getting ready to take a photo of my finished nails, Frau Meyer decided I needed to stop what I was doing & pet the cat. So I multi-tasked! LOL Yep! I got cat hair stuck all over my fingers from the cuticle oil. Oh well, at least my nails turned out mostly how I'd hoped.

~ Inky


2 comments:

  1. These came out beautiful!!! Your gradient is perfection! I always have trouble with stamping but your skillz are awesome! :) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristine! Practice & a small paint brush to fix boo boos is all one needs. LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.