Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bling! I made Bling!

Hello Dahlings!

What happens when you take a 20 year old bottle of Wet N' Wild silver glitter polish (bought for $.71 at a drug store chain that doesn't exist anymore) & you add half a bottle of silver holographic glitter from the craft store? You get BLING! Yep, I made a franken polish & I'm gonna show it to you. (be still my thumping heart...)

Tonight's line up: My very own Bling Bling holographic polish (the holo effect is hiding, but you'll see it, I promise!), Zoya Gilda & Orly Liquid Vinyl.

I started with a thick coat of white glue base coat, so I can get this off someday. You're looking at 2 coats of Bling Bling going commando! (dang, the holo is still hiding...) This is without top coat & notice there's no VNL? This polish is packed with glittery goodness!

There's my holo baby! This is after adding a coat of Seche Vite to smooth it out.

Ta Da! I used Gilda with a large ball dotter & short liner brush to make the bows & then outlined them with my short striper brush & Liquid Vinyl. I then added the dots with the small end of the dotter. Another coat of Seche Vite finished this mani off. I got the idea for the bows from Nicole Gets Nailed. She painted roses under her bows & I was not feeling that artistic tonight. LOL You can see her wonderful mani HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky


6 comments:

  1. So cute! Loving the bows, and of course gotta love a bit of holo! Nice job x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy love this!! What a beautiful franken! You know I'm a sucker for anything holo ;) So thank you for making me drool all over my keyboard!! LOL The bows and dots are such a perfect edition this is really wicked awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm loving this mani & don't want to take it off yet, tho I was planning on a new design tonight. If you've got a polish that you'd rather not wear as it is, playing with it can lead to something fun.

      Delete
  3. man that is some holo in that bottle LOL

    that turned out to be a cute manicure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! The holo shows on the nail too, just not well in pics. I was in a fast food place yesterday & the gal at the counter was so excited about my nails she called 2 other employees from the back to see it. She was most impressed over my doing it myself. LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.