Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday Blue Braid

Hello Dahlings!

I hope you're not all worn out with early bird black Friday shopping. If you are, I hope you got some great deals on polish for the effort! LOL Tonight's mani is a lesson in color choices for nail art. I used THIS tutorial from Lucy at Lucy's Stash, but didn't do as good a job at picking my colors as she does. Of course, she is Lucy & we have come to expect good stuff from her. LOL

Tonight's line up: Milani Key West, Orly It's Up To Blue & Witch's Blue. Key West & It's Up To Blue look more disimilar in person.
 
This is 2 coats of Key West. It's a lovely, shimmery teal that needs 3 coats for opacity. See the hint of VNL on my ring finger? It also tends to stain a bit, making clean up tedious.
 
Because Key West was on the sheer side I had to do 2 coats each time I used it to add a section of braid. It was also too close to It's Up To Blue & the 2 blend together in most lighting. So while not a total nail fail, it could have been better. Live & learn!

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Inky
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I still love it! It's subtle and gorgeous!!! I can't do a braided mani to save my life :( LOL But this is really beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & yes you can! Just follow Lucy's tutorial. This is one of those 'must practice' manis, but it looks kewl enuf to be worth the effort.

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think of my post content! However, if you're Anonymous, your comments will NOT be posted & will be marked as spam. Spam is only good for eating & maybe spackling cracks.